This recipe is one of my favorites for a quick and easy meal during the week.
- 2/3 Cups Greek yogurt
- 2/3 Cups chili or bean dip
- 2/3 Cups shredded cheese (cheddar, queso blanco, Monterey Jack, or another mix of mild cheeses)
- Your favorite salsa, hot sauce, or barbecue sauce, to taste
- 9-12 ounces of your favorite corn tortilla chips
- Two personal-sized soufflé dishes or ramekins
- Several large spoons
- Divide the chili or bean dip evenly between the two dishes. Spread the mixture with the back of a spoon to smooth out the surface.
- Cover the beans with a generous helping of your favorite hot sauce.
- Now divide the yogurt evenly between the two dishes. Once again, use the back of a spoon to spread the yogurt evenly.
- Cover each dish with a generous portion of cheese.
- Preheat an oven or toaster oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit/160 degrees Celsius.
- Bake your nachos for 14 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown on top.
- Serve immediately, alongside your favorite tortilla chips.
- Personally, I love using a jalapeño garlic sauce to spice up my nachos. However, if I am making this dish for an audience of uncertain heat tolerance, I substitute barbecue sauce.
- In a rush? You can prep this meal the night before; just cover the dishes and place them in your refrigerator until ready to bake.